Senate Confirms Emefiele, Reacts To CBN’s ‘Stolen N500 Billion’
The Nigeria Senate has reacted to the allegations of stolen N500 billion at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
The Senate Committee on Banking, Insurance and other Financial Institution dismissed the allegations on Wednesday at plenary.
This was as Governor of the CBN, Godwin Emefiele appeared before the committee for screening and confirmation for second term.
Igbere TV reports that Chairman of the Committee, Rafiu Ibrahim, said the allegations were targeted at bringing down the CBN governor.
Our National Assembly correspondent reports that the committee, thereafter, approved a second term for Godwin Emefiele as Governor of the Central Bank.
Igbere TV recalls President, Muhammadu Buhari had last week nominated Emefiele for a second term.
During the screening, the committee expressed satisfaction over Emefiele’s first tenure at the CBN.
“I do not have any question for the Governor. I am overwhelmed. I wish you well and pray for you. May God continue to guide you.
“Now, we know the reason why there are some videos on social media because in Nigeria, once you are a good person, some people will always try to bring you down. We will expeditiously take a report to the chamber for consideration. You can take a bow,” Ibrahim said.