Senate rejects appointment of Buhari’s nominees, approves 22 others
The Nigerian Senate has on Thursday, October 11, approved the appointments of 22 nominees of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Senator Yusuf Yusuf seconded that the Senate consider the report of the committee on national identity card and national population commission on the screening of twenty three (23) nominees for confirmation of appointment as commissioners for National Population Commission.
The Senate also rejected the nomination of one of the nominees over questionable West African Examination Council (WAEC).
The Senate said the nomination was rejected over concern on whether he took and passed WAEC.
According to Senator Suleiman Hunkuyi, “Dr. Abdul Malik Mohammed Durnnguwa’s nomination was stood down due to questionable certificates.”
“When you have questionable certifications, it is the duty of the Committee to verify.”- Senator Ali Ndume, added.
On his part, Senator Gumel Abdullahi noted that “my concern is whether he took WAEC and passed.”
Consequently, the following people are confirmed as commissioners for the national population commission
1. Dr. Clifford T. O Zirra
2. Dr. Chidi Christopher Ezeoke mni
3. Barr. Isa Audu Buratai
4. Navy Captain Charles Iyam Ogwa
5. Okereke Darlington Onuabuchi
6. Mr. A.d. Olusegun Aiyejina
7. Ejike Ezeh
8. Hon. Abubakar Mohammed Danburam
9. Prof. Uba S. F. Nnabue
10. Suleiman Ismaila Lawal
11. Prof. Jimoh Habibat Isah
12. Dr. Sa’adu Ayinla Alanamu
13. Nasir Isa Kwarra
14. Barr. Aliyu Datti
15. Yeye (Mrs.) Seyi Adereinokun Olusanya
16. Prince (Dr.) Olanadiran Garvey Iyantan
17. Senator Mudasiru Oyetunde Hussain
18. Mrs. Cecillia Arsun Dapoet
19. Dr. Ipalibo Macdonald Harry
20. Sale S. Saany
21. Sir Richard Odibo
22. Nwanne Nwabuisi