NASSNEWSNG
Nigeria Assembly News,Serving it Hot!
nass banner new
AWARD BANNER

REPS PASSED VOTE OF NO CONFIDENT ON THE MINISTER OF MINES AND STILL AND MINISTER OF STATE

0 116

REPS PASSED VOTE OF NO CONFIDENT ON THE MINISTER OF MINES AND STILL AND MINISTER OF STATE

nassnewsng.com
Alexander Blessing

Vote of no confidence was passed on the minister of mines and steel Kayode Fayemi and the minister of state Bawa Bawari at the plenary on Tuesday for been absent at the debate stipulated to hold on Ajaokuta steel plant project. This followed a motion moved by Hon Femi Ggbajabiamila the house majority leader by a deliberate attempt by the ministers to undermine the move taken by the house to save the steel sector.
The house expressed disappointment in the ministers adding that it is clear indication of a suspicious dealing in the steel sector. The house further noted that their unnecessary leniency with the executive has brought them shame.
The speaker of the house Yakubu Dogara read a communication signed by the Perrmanent Secretary in the mines and steel ministry citing why the minister Kayode Fayemi should be excused.
The speaker Yakubu Dogara expressed disappointment at the minister’s action even as he frowned that the communication was not signed by the minister himself.
The house went ahead with it sectorial debate on the steel sector with agreement of the whole house focusing on the Ajaokuta steel project.
According to the law makers, the Ajaokuta steel company which has attained 98% completion level leaving 2% to completion,will save the country $17 billion foreign exchange and about two million direct jobs and five million indirect jobs for Nigerians.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.