We Are Sufficiently Prepared For Governorship/State Legislative Polls, APC Spokeman-nassnewsng.xom
We Are Sufficiently Prepared For Governorship/State Legislative Polls, APC Spokeman
By Moses Gbande/Kennedy Niyana
The All Progressives Congress, APC in Plateau state says it is sufficiently prepared for the Saturday Governorship and house of Assembly Elections, believing that the election is going to be an easy defeat by the APC.
Spokes person of the Media team of the Lalong/Tyoden Re-election campaign organization, and a fellow of the Guide of Editors, Mr. Jonathan Ishaku disclosed this while speaking with our Correspondent on the level of preparedness of the party for the Saturday polls.
He maintained that, “we have witnessed significant improvement of the fortune of the ruling party at the last presidential election in 2015 where we recorded 42 per cent of the total votes cast. This time around we sinificantly improved by 4 per cent, witnessing 46 per cent of scores.
“In addition, this is the first time we got elected a senator and have three or possibly more house of Representatives members elected, and this has shown that our paticipation was very effective”.
He spoke passionately about the candidature of Governor Simon Bako Lalong whom he said is a decent person, a man of honour and a Lawyer who within the past three and half years into his first tenure kept to his Promises to the people.
”The APC Government under the watchful eyes of governor Lalong maintained the Promises he made to the people of Plateau state in the 2015 election, which includes the Implementation of the five pillar policy’.
“We went round during our campaigns not just to canvass for the people’s votes, we gave them our scored cards, and we assure them that they should have faith if APC, and if we are re-election, APC will grow much stronger, the anti corruption war will remain focused and the fight against insecurity will be given a desired attention”.
He added, “we are not frightened by the perspective of J.T Useni, and wouldn’t want to speculate about him, but his previous anticidents from being a number six man during the days and late Gen. Sani Abacha, whose lootes are being recovered till date is a clear indication that J.T Useni’s pedigree is under questions.
“We know the anticidents of J.T Useni, he had appeared before a Court of conduct tribunal, he narrowly excaped due to lack of deligent prosecution, he wasn’t acquitted, he wasn’t charged. The summary of the judgement was that, Justice Danladi Umar said whenever the persecution is ready they can come back.
‘So, the criminal charges which are not status bond, anytime the persecution is ready, they can go back”.
Speaking on the use of Religion, and denominational sentiment by some individuals as campaign strategies, Mr. Ishaku discribed them as retrogressive forces, and fear-mongers who are creating fears into religion for their propaganda.
He however called on the people of the state to conduct themselves peacefully during and after the elections and resist any attempt that could be deployed by desperate oppositions to destabilize the peaceful conduct of the elections.
9th Senate: Arewa Youths Unite For Sen. Gaya DSP 9th Senate: Arewa Youths Unite For Sen. Gaya Deputy Senate Presidency
9th Senate: Arewa Youths Unite For Sen. Gaya DSP 9th Senate: ArewaRead More
Speakership: APC, PDP Reps to dialogue
Speakership: APC, PDP Reps to dialogue nassnewsng.com Nigeria AssemblyRead More